The Advanced Resuscitation course is delivered by SETS Enterprises Pty Ltd RTO 52334 and is is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to allow them to provide initial advanced resuscitation to, across a variety of industries. The course covers the following broad areas:
- DRSABCD and the guidelines set forth by the Australian Resuscitation Council.
- The use of airway management equipment.
- Oxygen equipment for therapy, resuscitation and suction as well as maintenance.
- Use of an Automatic External Defibrillator.
- Visual and verbal assessment techniques.
- Casualty vital sign collection (respiration, pulse & temperature).
- Manual handling techniques.
- Incident debriefing and evaluation.
- Verbal and written incident reporting.
This course may be conducted at either our SETS Enterprises training facility or your workplace. This course is delivered through a combination of classroom learning, small group discussion and practical activities in either a simulated or workplace setting.
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Thursday 9 April, 2020||Thursday 9 April, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 7 May, 2020||Thursday 7 May, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Friday 5 June, 2020||Friday 5 June, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following physical tasks:
- Perform 2 minutes of continuous CPR
- Able to assist with the movement of a casualty