The Occupational First Aid course conducted by Safety & Emergency Training Services is a nationally accredited course that is delivered by SETS Enterprises Pty Ltd RTO 52334 and is designed to provide students with the
essential knowledge and skills to allow them to provide initial advanced resuscitation to, across a variety of
industries. The course covers the following broad areas:
- DRSABCD and the guidelines set forth by the Australian Resuscitation Council.
- The use of airway management equipment.
- Oxygen equipment for therapy, resuscitation and suction as well as maintenance.
- Use of an Automatic External Defibrillator.
- Visual and verbal assessment techniques.
- Casualty vital sign collection (respiration, pulse & temperature).
- Manual handling techniques.
- Incident debriefing and evaluation.
- Verbal and written incident reporting.
This course may be conducted at either the Safety & Emergency Training Services training facility or your
workplace. This course is delivered through a combination of classroom learning, small group discussion and
practical activities in either a simulated or workplace setting.
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Thursday 6 February, 2020||Thursday 6 February, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Friday 6 March, 2020||Friday 6 March, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 9 April, 2020||Thursday 9 April, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 7 May, 2020||Thursday 7 May, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Friday 5 June, 2020||Friday 5 June, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.