The Cert III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue course is a nationally accredited course delivered by SETS Enterprises Pty Ltd RTO 52334 and is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to allow them to operate safely within emergency services, across a variety of industries. This qualification is to provide training for those who will fulfil the role of response and rescue team members.
On completion of the BOSIET course, participants will be able to:
- Core skills of risk control, communication and site policy and procedure
- Breathing apparatus
- First aid
- Road crash
- Vertical rescue
- Confined space rescue
With the following units of competency:
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIQUA201D Maintain and monitor site quality standards
- PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR320 Render hazardous materials incidents safe
- PUAFIR308B Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident
- PUAFIR316 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
- PUASAR024A Undertake road crash rescue
- PUASAR025A Undertake confined space rescue
- PUASAR032A Undertake vertical rescue
- RIIERR201D Conduct fire team operations
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response first aid
- RIIERR302D Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- PUAEQU001B Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
Successful completion of the assessment requirements will provide participants with a statement of attainment issued by SETS (RTO Code 52334) for RII30715 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue.
PUAEME001B Provide emergency care OR HLTFA211A Provide basic emergency life support.
There are also two prerequisites for the units covered in this course. PUAFIR215 Prevent injury and PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation these will both be delivered during the course.