This course is delivered by SETS Enterprises Pty Ltd RTO 52334.
The Chief Warden course conducted by Safety & Emergency Training Services is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to allow them to make decisions about the safety of occupants during a facility emergency and to give instructions on the priority order for responding to an emergency incident.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010.
This unit applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts.
This unit places responsibility on individual employees who are delegated responsibility as part of an emergency control organisation to lead in the preparation of workplace emergency procedures; command, control and coordinate workplace emergency procedures and response; and conclude the
People who undertake this work may act as the primary liaison with emergency services after their arrival.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Prepare for an emergency in a facility
- Undertake pre-emergency planning
- Take appropriate actions in an emergency.
Participants who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAFER006 Lead an emergency control organisation.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants and closed in shoes
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- record and report information neatly and legibly
PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation.