This unit specifies the outcomes required to conduct routine monthly, six-monthly and yearly inspections and testing of fire extinguishers and fire blankets at a customer’s premises.
This unit provides people with the knowledge and skills required to undertake testing and tagging, including:
- The dangers of mixing extinguishing agents.
- Disposal requirements for waste products.
- Key features of legislation, regulations and codes applicable to selecting, positioning, inspecting and testing installed fire extinguishers and fire blankets to meet hazard present in the area to be protected.
- OHS issues and requirements and action to take when a breach of health, safety or other policy occurs.
- Purpose of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and ‘deemed to comply’ requirements relevant to installation of extinguishers and fire blankets.
- Conforming to environmental protection authority (EPA) regulations, or equivalent, with respect to discharge tests.
- Ensuring gauges and scales are calibrated regularly.
- Folding fire blankets according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Special requirements for aggressive environments, such as those with high moisture, dust levels or acidity.
- Types and quantities of spare parts that should be carried.
- Types of extinguisher operation.
- Types of extinguishing agents.
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Monday 17 December, 2018||Monday 17 December, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Tuesday 29 January, 2019||Tuesday 29 January, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 25 February, 2019||Monday 25 February, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 25 March, 2019||Monday 25 March, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Tuesday 23 April, 2019||Tuesday 23 April, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 20 May, 2019||Monday 20 May, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 17 June, 2019||Monday 17 June, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 15 July, 2019||Monday 15 July, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 12 August, 2019||Monday 12 August, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 9 September, 2019||Monday 9 September, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 7 October, 2019||Monday 7 October, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 4 November, 2019||Monday 4 November, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 2 December, 2019||Monday 2 December, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
Successful completion of the assessment requirements, will provide participants with a statement of attainment issued by SETS (RTO Code 52334) for CPPFES2020A Conduct routine inspection testing of fire extinguishers, fire blankets and CPPFES2010A Inspect and test fire hose reels.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
This course does not have any prerequisites.