The course is delivered by SETS Enterprises Pty Ltd RTO 52334 and has theoretical and practical components that participants must successfully complete.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Assess a confined space for entry
- Use safety equipment and clothing (PPE)
- Control confined space entry
- Define and identify a confined space within a workplace
- Identify hazards associated with confined space entry and perform a risk assessment
- Work within a permit system and state the requirements for this
- Use a gas monitor to test the atmosphere
After successful completion of this course, the candidate will be issued with a statement of attainment issued by SETS (RTO Code 52334) for MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit, MSMPER205 Enter confined space and MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.