Those who successfully complete this course should be able to demonstrate the minimum standard of competence required to contribute to the enhancement of sea survival and fire fighting.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Survive at sea in the event of vessel abandonment
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
- Use location devices including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics
- Minimise the risk of fire and maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fire
- Fight and extinguish fires
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with an AMSA Course Completion Statement in accordance with AMSA requirements.
Participants must already hold a Certificate of Proficiency of Rating.
A Seafarer with no qualifying sea service in the preceding five (5) years will be required to complete the full AMSA approved STCW short course in Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting and the certificate of proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats.