The course is delivered by SETS Enterprises Pty Ltd RTO 52334. The Warden and Fire Extinguisher combined course has been designed to give participants the skill and knowledge to perform the role of a warden within an Emergency Control Organisation (ECO) structure and to train participants to be capable of using portable fire fighting equipment as a first response to a fire in the workplace.
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Monday 26 October, 2020||Monday 26 October, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 9 November, 2020||Monday 9 November, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 23 November, 2020||Monday 23 November, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 7 December, 2020||Monday 7 December, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 21 December, 2020||Monday 21 December, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Undertake pre-emergency planning
- Take appropriate actions in an emergency
- Assist with post emergency activities
- Demonstrate correct use of portable fire extinguishers to extinguish simulated fires
- Demonstrate correct use of fire hose reels
- Demonstrate correct use of fire hose reels.
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation and CPPFES2005A Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants and closed in shoes
This course is also available in single half-day components of Fire Warden and Fire Extinguisher training.