The course is delivered by SETS Enterprises Pty Ltd RTO 52334. The Warden and Fire Extinguisher combined course has been designed to give participants the skill and knowledge to perform the role of a warden within an Emergency Control Organisation (ECO) structure and to train participants to be capable of using portable fire fighting equipment as a first response to a fire in the workplace as well as the basics of building evacuation.
This course has theoretical and practical components that participants must successfully complete.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Warden duties and responsibilities
- ECO team selection and process
- Emergency procedures and policies
- Evacuation procedures and exercises
- Fire safety installations in a building
- Different types of emergencies
- Use of fire extinguishers
- Fire prevention
Participants should also be able to:
- Prepare for fire
- Carry out initial notification and assessment
- Extinguish fires
- Identify hazards associated with fire extinguishers
Successful completion of the assessment requirements, will provide participants with a statement of attainment issued by SETS (RTO Code 52334) for PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation and PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) facility or any other location that has suitable facilities. A clean burning fire simulator extinguisher system is used that can be demonstrated in any car park or open area to conduct the practical portion of this course.