The Fire Extinguisher course conducted by SETS Enterprises is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to interpret and follow manufacturers’ instructions on various first attack firefighting equipment in emergency situations.
All aspects of the unit must be undertaken in line with legislative requirements, workplace policies and procedures, and accepted safe practices.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010 and AS4083-2010.
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Monday 17 August, 2020||Monday 17 August, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 31 August, 2020||Monday 31 August, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 14 September, 2020||Monday 14 September, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Tuesday 29 September, 2020||Tuesday 29 September, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 12 October, 2020||Monday 12 October, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 26 October, 2020||Monday 26 October, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 9 November, 2020||Monday 9 November, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 23 November, 2020||Monday 23 November, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 7 December, 2020||Monday 7 December, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 21 December, 2020||Monday 21 December, 2020||North Lake||Book Now|
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate correct use of portable fire extinguishers to extinguish simulated fires
- Demonstrate correct use of fire hose reels
- Demonstrate correct use of fire hose reels.
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: CPPFES2005A Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants and closed in shoes
This course is also available in a combined Warden Training / Fire Extinguisher one day course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly