IFAP’s Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) is an OPITO approved course that provides refresher training for people who have previously completed an OPITO BOSIET course and assess knowledge retention in the following areas: helicopter underwater escape theory and practical (HUET), first response firefighting theory and practical, and self-rescue from smoke theory and practical. This course includes in water use of the CAEBS and covers the correct use of a CAEBS and the appropriate emergency response actions to take in the event of an emergency deployment. The FOET with CA-EBS includes essential content specific to travel over cold water, and is suitable for those people travelling over both cold and warm water environments.
On completion of the FOET with CA-EBS course, participants will be able to:
- Describe and carry out appropriate actions in preparation for a helicopter ditching
- Take appropriate actions following a controlled emergency descent to a dry landing
- Take appropriate actions following a controlled ditching on water
- Take appropriate actions following a partial submersion of an aircraft
- Take appropriate actions following an aircraft capsize in water
- Understand the principles of and correctly don a transit suit for helicopter travel
- Correctly use a CA-EBS
- Understand the role of a CA-EBS in an emergency situation
- Describe the specific hazards and properties of a CA-EBS
- Take appropriate emergency response actions in the event of an emergency deployment
- Correctly fit a helicopter strop and adopt correct body posture during winching
- Correctly use hand-held portable fire extinguishers
- Correctly use small bore fire hoses and fire blankets
- Use appropriate self rescue techniques using a smoke hood
|FOET with CA-EBS||29 April 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|FOET with CA-EBS||6 May 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|FOET with CA-EBS||13 May 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|FOET with CA-EBS||20 May 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|FOET with CA-EBS||27 May 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|FOET with CA-EBS||3 June 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|FOET with CA-EBS||10 June 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|FOET with CA-EBS||17 June 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|FOET with CA-EBS||24 June 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|FOET with CA-EBS||1 July 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|Individual/Associate||5% discount (approx $1,292.00)|
|Bronze||5% discount (approx $1,292.00)|
|Silver||7.5% discount (approx $1,258.00)|
|Gold||10% discount (approx $1,224.00)|
Please enquire for further membership discounts available.
The FOET with CAEBS is open to persons who have a valid (in-date) OPITO- approved BOSIET (with CAEBS), BOSIET (with EBS), TBOSIET, FOET (with CAEBS), FOET (with EBS) or TFOET certificate.
On successful completion of the course , participants will be issued with a numbered photo ID Card, registration onto the OPITO database and an OPITO Certificate of Attendance for the course Further Offshore Emergency training with CA-EBS.
- Photo identification must be provided – Passport, Australian Driver’s Licence or Proof of Age Card only will be accepted.
- Participants must bring a swimming costume.
- Overalls, boots and shoes for wet and dry practical exercises are provided together with towels for showers. Lockers are also available.
- For the in-class session, clean casual clothing is required and covered footwear is essential (no high heels). It is requested that where possible jewellery is not to be worn and valuables not brought to the centre.
- IFAP holds no responsibility for lost or stolen valuables. We also recommend that participants do not wear contact lenses (or glasses) in the pool, therefore suitable containers should be brought to store lenses.
NOTE: IFAP’s BOSIET course exceeds the standard OPITO course in some content in order to meet Australian regulations and company requirements.
OPITO will allow an individual to refresh a BOSIET course within a four-year period. However, this duration is a maximum time frame and the actual refresher period is still dictated by each country’s legislation or company requirements. The BOSIET Refresher course is the OPITO approved FOET (Further Offshore Emergency Training).