This course has theoretical and practical components that participants must successfully complete. Prior to the face to face training there is a pre-course online study component. We recommend that you allow two days to complete this.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Prepare and plan for monitoring
- Take precautions to safeguard health
- Take atmospheric readings
- Identify TWA, STEL, Peaks, IDLH atmospheres
- Follow sampling rules
- Maintain equipment
- Change sensors in the field
- Conduct bump and calibration testing of the equipment
Successful completion of the assessment requirements will provide participants with a Statement of Attainment issued by SETS (RTO Code 52334) for MSMWHS217 – Gas test atmospheres.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.