With safety and health at the forefront of our values, we are committed to providing our participants with the highest level of Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) to ensure the best chances of survival in the event of an emergency.
In this six-hour course, participants will develop hands-on experience by training in submerged helicopter simulators and learning essential sea survival techniques including life jacket and life raft training. This detailed training is designed to educate and heighten safety procedures, danger awareness and operational standards for flights over or near water.
For those looking to book the course, please call 1300 432 700 to find out about our upcoming course dates.
On completion of the HUET course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what hazards may arise during evacuation from the helicopter
- Identify the best exit points
- Perform inhalation and surfacing techniques to sustain one’s breath
- Undertake key survival measures when at sea or submersed in water
- Facilitate a safe and successful underwater escape
Successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance and a Photo ID card.
A valid medical that meets IFAP’s guidelines must be presented prior to undertaking the practical components of the course, to prove participants are medically and physically capable to do the training required.