The Industry Safety Induction is a 1 day training course. All New Starts shall satisfactorily complete ISI training prior to working on the development or operation of Onshore or Offshore Facilities in the WA/NT* or QLD Oil and Gas E&P Industry.
A New Start is anyone who has not worked in the Australian Oil and Gas E&P Industry for at least 12 months in the last 2 years. * This requirement applies in WA/NT from 1 January 2020
Participant assessment will occur through a combination of activities and direct observation by the Trainer/Assessor:
• Participation in discussions and activities throughout the course
• Interaction with other participants in small group activities
• Completion of the various assessment activities and exercises.
For more ISI information, please click here.
Individuals who have worked in Australian Oil and Gas Exploration & Production Industry for more than 12 months in the last 2 years can complete an Experienced Worker Declaration Form. as evidence that they are not required to complete the ISI prior to starting work.
The Industry Safety Induction ‘Virtual Classroom’ Training course is delivered through an interactive online virtual classroom learning platform.
Learn together in a virtual classroom during COVID-19
In our virtual classroom, IFAP’s Trainer/Assessor will deliver the learning directly to you from your computer, laptop or tablet at a set time. You will require internet access and simply log onto the course from your location: home, onsite or office, rather than attending a physical location. Through the setup IFAP offer, you will still be able to speak and interact with the Trainer/Assessor and other participants, view resources and complete activities as though you were in a classroom environment.
The Industry Safety Induction will ensure Participants are aware of:
- the main locations and activities associated with the Oil and Gas E&P Industry
- the tools and systems used by the Industry to help manage risk
- their roles and responsibilities as safety leaders within the Industry
- the expectations the Industry places upon workers, with regard to safety conduct and behaviour.
The Program will ensure Participants are able to recognise:
- the primary hazards and risks found within the Industry
- factors that influence their perception of risk and decision making around risk
- behaviour and conduct that may compromise their safety and the safety of others.
The Program will ensure Participants are able to apply:
- common industry risk management tools and strategies including safety conversations, intervening and stopping the job
On successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Course Completion and an ISI Card.
Jean-Paul Bijoux (JP)
IFAP recommends completion of the TBOSIET or BOSIET course prior to enrolling in ISI. The TBOSIET or BOSIET can be booked consecutively with ISI or at an alternative time. Please contact 1300 432 700 for course prices and availability.
Light lunches, morning and afternoon teas are provided.
For the in-class session covered footwear is essential. Overalls, hard hats, safety glasses and hearing protection is provided. Please bring your own pair of safety boots or enclosed footwear.
Upon booking for online classes, you will receive an email with instructions for how to use the link to access the Virtual Classroom and complete the online training.
Program Participants must agree to complete a Program Evaluation Form as part of their enrolment into the Program. Safer Together have the discretion not to grant Approved Participant status to Participants who do not complete a Program Evaluation.
Requirements for Online Virtual Classroom
Students will require a laptop or desktop computer with:
– Internet connection.
In order to complete the online elements of the course.
|Non-Member||$650 + GST|
|Safer Together Members||$450 + GST|