An AMSA approved training course that meets the requirements for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties and complies with requirements of STCW Reg V1/6.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness
- Have an understanding of the need for and methods of maintaining security awareness and vigilance
- Maintain the conditions set out in a ship security plan
- Recognise security risks and threats
- Undertake regular security inspections of the ship
- Deploy proper use of security equipment and systems
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with an AMSA course completion statement and be able to apply for AMSA endorsement of their certificate of competency.