This course aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to carry out a ship security plan, assessment and actions, security responsibilities, training and equipment, maritime security policy and participate in emergency preparedness, drills and exercises.
To provide the necessary knowledge and competence to undertake the duties and responsibilities as a Ship Security Officer, including:
- Maintain and supervise the implementation of a ship security plan
- Assess security, risk, threat and vulnerability
- Undertake regular inspections of the ship to ensure that appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained
- Ensure that security equipment and systems are properly operated, tested and calibrated
- Encourage security awareness and vigilance
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with an AMSA course completion statement and are able to apply for AMSA endorsement of their certificate of competency.