This unit covers the competency required to identify and avoid workplace hazards and risks, to maintain personal safety and to report identified issues to supervisors and team members.
- apply safe work practices in accordance with organisational work health and safety policies and procedures
- identify typical hazards and risks in the workplace, and apply control measures
- select equipment pertinent to incidents, prescribed burning and/or operational aspects of emergency management
- select personal protective clothing
- basic principles of risk assessment
- methods of hazard and risk control and reporting, and debriefings
- occupational hazards and risks encountered in the workplace
- organisational health and fitness guidelines
- personal protective clothing and equipment requirements
- risk control measure such as eliminate, isolate and substitute
- signs of fatigue, heat related illness, dehydration, fatigue and stress
- situational awareness
- welfare management, such as signs of occupational stress, limiting stress, dealing with stress and seeking assistance
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Wednesday 27 February, 2019||Wednesday 27 February, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 27 March, 2019||Wednesday 27 March, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Friday 12 April, 2019||Friday 12 April, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 22 May, 2019||Wednesday 22 May, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 19 June, 2019||Wednesday 19 June, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 17 July, 2019||Wednesday 17 July, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 21 August, 2019||Wednesday 21 August, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Friday 27 September, 2019||Friday 27 September, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 24 October, 2019||Thursday 24 October, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 21 November, 2019||Thursday 21 November, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 18 December, 2019||Wednesday 18 December, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
Successful completion of the assessment requirements, will provide participants with a statement of attainment issued by SETS (RTO Code 52334) for PUAFIR215 – Prevent injury.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no prerequisites for this course.