The course is delivered by SETS Enterprises Pty Ltd RTO 52334. This unit covers the competency required to identify and avoid workplace hazards and risks, to maintain personal safety and to report identified issues to supervisors and team members.
- apply safe work practices in accordance with organisational work health and safety policies and procedures
- identify typical hazards and risks in the workplace, and apply control measures
- select equipment pertinent to incidents, prescribed burning and/or operational aspects of emergency management
- select personal protective clothing
- basic principles of risk assessment
- methods of hazard and risk control and reporting, and debriefings
- occupational hazards and risks encountered in the workplace
- organisational health and fitness guidelines
- personal protective clothing and equipment requirements
- risk control measure such as eliminate, isolate and substitute
- signs of fatigue, heat related illness, dehydration, fatigue and stress
- situational awareness
- welfare management, such as signs of occupational stress, limiting stress, dealing with stress and seeking assistance
Successful completion of the assessment requirements, will provide participants with a statement of attainment issued by SETS (RTO Code 52334) for PUAFIR215 – Prevent injury.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.