This STCW (Seafarers Training, Certification & Watchkeeping) course aims to introduce participants to the skills and knowledge required to operate life saving appliances and take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch.
*IFAP does not require a prospective learner to prepay fees in excess of a total of $1500 for Nationally Recognised Training
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
- Operate a survival craft
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Apply first aid to survivors
Upon successful completion of the assessment requirements and being deemed competent, participants will be provided with:
- A Statement of Attainment issued by IFAP (RTO Code 1907) for MARF007 Operate survival craft and other lifesaving appliances
- An AMSA Course Completion statement, issued accordance with Marine Order 70 (Seafarer certification) 2014, for Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats – Reg VI/2 Code A-VI/2-1 (subject to prerequisites)
Participants are then able to apply to AMSA for an Endorsed Certificate of Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats (STCW Convention, as amended).