The course is delivered by SETS Enterprises Pty Ltd RTO 52334. This unit covers the competency required to respond to a wildfire, work as a safe and situationally-aware member of a crew to attack and extinguish a fire, participate in mop-up and patrol operations, and prepare equipment for the next crew.
- Communication on the fireground
- Extinguishing media, water, foam, suppressants
- Fire behaviour (fuel, weather and topography)
- Health and fitness requirements as well as hygiene and wellbeing
- Organisational operating procedures
- Safe work practices
- Wildfire control tactics and techniques
- Wildfire hazards, safety technique
Successful completion of the assessment requirements, will provide participants with a statement of attainment issued by SETS (RTO Code 52334) for PUAFIR204B Respond to wildfire.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
PUAFIR215 Prevent injury