Asbestos is a hazardous material and its removal needs to be carried out by trained and experienced operators who are licensed. Those completing this course will be able to properly supervise, manage and carry out asbestos work involving non-friable (bonded) asbestos containing material.
Occupational Safety and Health regulations require operators to have a Restricted Asbestos Licence if removing more than 10 square metres of bonded asbestos in a workplace.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to understand the following:
- Legislative framework
- Terms to describe asbestos, types of asbestos and uses
- Fibre size
- The health risks
- Legal requirements for the risk assessment, removal and disposal
- Additional information on personal protective equipment (PPE) for non-friable (bonded) asbestos removal
- Preparing a safe work method statement (SWMS)
- Procedures for removal of non-friable (bonded) asbestos
- Disposal of non-friable (bonded) asbestos material
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Matt Van Schaik
On the completion of the course, if an applicant requires a Restricted Asbestos Licence, a written application form, application fee and the evidence of ability to remove asbestos in a safe and proper manner is required to be submitted to WorkSafe WA.