This course aims to give the Health and Safety Representative the basic knowledge and skills to effectively perform their roles and functions under the legislation.
This course is approved by NOPSEMA and applies to all elected Health and Safety Representatives from the Oil and Gas Industry operating under the Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2006 (OPGGSA 2006) and the associated OPGGSA (Safety) Regulations 2009.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of legislation in the role of a Health and Safety Representative
- Identify and locate information from a variety of sources
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend control methods
- Conduct an effective inspection of their workplace
- Conduct an effective investigation into workplace illness/ injuries and accidents
- Communicate on Health and Safety matters and represent employees
- Describe the functions, make up and roles of a Health and Safety Committee
- Resolve conflict and issue Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) when appropriate
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be provided with Certificate of Attendance.
Jean-Paul Bijoux (JP)
Participants must wear a long sleeve shirt and pants, safety boots on the third or fourth day for the site inspection.