This course aims to give the Health and Safety Representative the basic knowledge and skills to effectively perform their roles and functions under the legislation.
This course is approved by NOPSEMA and applies to all elected Health and Safety Representatives from the Oil and Gas Industry operating under the Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2006 (OPGGSA 2006) and the associated OPGGSA (Safety) Regulations 2009.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of legislation in the role of a Health and Safety Representative
- Identify and locate information from a variety of sources
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend control methods
- Conduct an effective inspection of their workplace
- Conduct an effective investigation into workplace illness/ injuries and accidents
- Communicate on Health and Safety matters and represent employees
- Describe the functions, make up and roles of a Health and Safety Committee
- Resolve conflict and issue Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) when appropriate
Start Date End Date Location Book Now Monday 25 February, 2019 Friday 1 March, 2019 North Lake Book Now Monday 25 March, 2019 Friday 29 March, 2019 North Lake Book Now Monday 29 April, 2019 Friday 3 May, 2019 North Lake Book Now Monday 27 May, 2019 Friday 31 May, 2019 North Lake Book Now Monday 24 June, 2019 Friday 28 June, 2019 North Lake Book Now Monday 22 July, 2019 Friday 26 July, 2019 North Lake Book Now Monday 19 August, 2019 Friday 23 August, 2019 North Lake Book Now Monday 16 September, 2019 Friday 20 September, 2019 North Lake Book Now Monday 21 October, 2019 Friday 25 October, 2019 North Lake Book Now Monday 18 November, 2019 Friday 22 November, 2019 North Lake Book Now Membership Type Price Non-Member $1,335 Individual/Associate $1,200 Ruby $1,170 Sapphire $1,135 Emerald $1,100 Diamond $1,070
On successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
- Participants must wear a long sleeve shirt and pants, safety boots on the third or fourth day for the site inspection.