This is the standard course for WA Safety and Health Representatives (SHRs) and is the introductory course for elected SHRs, including those from the mining industry and general workplaces.
IFAP is proud to offer this WorkSafe WA approved course to those in Perth seeking to learn or reinforce their knowledge in the field. This course aims to enable elected Safety and Health Representatives to effectively represent their fellow employees in matters relating to OSH in the workplace. It has been accredited since 1994 by the Commission for Occupational Safety and Health to provide the training required by Section 14(1)(h) of the WA OSH Act 1984.
|Safety and Health Representative||8 June - 12 June 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP North Lake|
|Safety and Health Representative||22 June - 26 June 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||IFAP North Lake|
|Safety and Health Representative||15 June - 19 June 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Joondalup|
|Safety and Health Representative||8 June - 12 June 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Mandurah|
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of legislation in the role of a Safety and Health Representative
- Identify and locate information from a variety of sources
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend control methods
- Conduct an effective inspection of their workplace
- Conduct an effective investigation into workplace illness/ injuries and accidents
- Communicate on Safety and Health matters and represent employees
- Describe the functions, make up and roles of a Safety and Health Committee
- Resolve conflict and issue Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) when appropriate
Participants will also be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Jean-Paul Bijoux (JP)
Matt Van Schaik