The Safety Committee is in an unrivalled position to provide the focus for safety activities in any organisation.
Committee Member training complements Safety and Health Representative training and the Supervising Safety course which provide the workplace with an effective team to enhance Occupational Safety and Health.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Prepare, participate in, and run effective OSH Committee meetings
- Undertake the role of the OSH Committee as laid out by legislation
- Participate effectively in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of OSH programs relevant to the organisation
- Discuss the formulation, implementation and evaluation of OSH programs relevant to the organisation
- Utilise a model for problem solving/decision making
- Utilise the process of accident investigation to make recommendations in regard to the incident
- List, use and keep up-to-date with important sources of information on OSH
On successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Matt Van Schaik