The aim of the course is to provide participants with an overview and the requirements of the OSH Act and Regulations. It includes instruction, discussion and individual/group exercises and case studies.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the legislative requirements for ensuring a safe workplace
- Establish consultative mechanisms within their workplace
- Perform hazard identification, assessment and develop controls to reduce hazards in the workplace
- Report accidents in accordance with the legislative requirements
- Develop a safe work instruction
- Identify the need for inductions within the workplace
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance.