This is the standard course for WA Safety and Health Representatives (SHR’s) and is the introductory course for elected SHR’s, including those from the mining industry and general workplaces.
This course aims to enable elected Representatives to effectively represent their fellow employees in matters relating to OSH in the workplace. It has been accredited since 1994 by the Commission for Occupational Safety and Health to provide the training required by Section 14(1)(h) of the WA OSH Act 1984.
WorkSafe WA Approved Course.
On completion of this course, participants should be
- Apply knowledge of legislation in the role of a Safety
and Health Representative
- Identify and locate information from a variety of
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and
recommend control methods
- Conduct an effective inspection of their workplace
- Conduct an effective investigation into workplace
illness/ injuries and accidents
- Communicate on Safety and Health matters and
- Describe the functions, make up and roles of a
Safety and Health Committee
- Resolve conflict and issue Provisional Improvement
Notices (PINs) when appropriate
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Monday 26 February, 2018||Friday 2 March, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 12 March, 2018||Friday 16 March, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 19 March, 2018||Friday 23 March, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 19 March, 2018||Friday 23 March, 2018||Joondalup||Book Now|
|Monday 19 March, 2018||Friday 23 March, 2018||Bunbury||Book Now|
|Monday 9 April, 2018||Friday 13 April, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 9 April, 2018||Friday 13 April, 2018||Mandurah||Book Now|
|Monday 16 April, 2018||Friday 20 April, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 16 April, 2018||Friday 20 April, 2018||Joondalup||Book Now|Membership Type Price Non-Member $1,335 Individual/Associate $1,200 Ruby $1,170 Sapphire $1,135 Emerald $1,100 Diamond $1,070
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.