IFAP’s Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (TBOSIET) course in Perth has been developed to be an internationally accepted warm water course covering Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET), related sea survival and an introduction to offshore work (permit-to-work, IHS regulations, first aid reminder and more).
The TBOSIET is also recognised and accepted as the ‘Fit for Purpose’ internationally recognised standard in most South East Asian and Middle Eastern countries (Brunei, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Abu Dhabi and Azerbaijan). An IFAP issued TBOSIET is recognised by all OPITO approved training centres worldwide
TBOSIET certificate holders can also easily upgrade to the BOSIET qualification required for the North Sea and other cold water areas. Participants upgrading will need to complete additional HUET simulator exercises while wearing a transit suit and using an emergency breathing system. This upgrade course is available at both IFAP training centres in Perth and most other OPITO approved facilities which hold both the BOSIET and TBOSIET approvals.
The Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training course is designed to equip offshore personnel with the knowledge, skills and confidence to respond appropriately in the event of an emergency whilst offshore. This course aims to enhance survivability in the event of an emergency through the proper use of emergency equipment and procedures.
|TBOSIET||9 June - 10 June 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||11 June - 12 June 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||16 June - 17 June 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||18 June - 19 June 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||23 June - 24 June 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||25 June - 26 June 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||30 June - 1 July 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||2 July - 3 July 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||7 July - 8 July 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||9 July - 10 July 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||14 July - 15 July 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||16 July - 17 July 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||21 July - 22 July 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||23 July - 24 July 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||28 July - 29 July 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
|TBOSIET||30 July - 31 July 2020||08:15 am - 04:15 pm||IFAP Fremantle|
On completion of the TBOSIET course, participants will be able to:
Receive a safety induction covering:
- Industry overview and installation overview
- Offshore hazards
- Managing offshore safety
- Controlling offshore hazards
- Regulating offshore safety
- Living and working offshore
- Understand what actions to carry out in preparation for a helicopter ditching
Take appropriate actions following:
- A controlled emergency descent to a dry landing
- A controlled ditching on water
- A partial submersion of an aircraft
- An aircraft capsize in water
In addition, participants will be able to:
- Prepare for the abandonment of an offshore facility and manage the survival process
- Carry out correct actions when mustering and boarding as a passenger of a TEMPSC (Totally Enclosed Motor Powered Survival Craft) during launch operations
- Correctly fit a helicopter strop and adopt correct body posture during winching
- Correctly use hand-held portable extinguishers
- Correctly use small bore fire hoses and fire blankets
- Demonstrate appropriate self rescue techniques using a smoke hood
Upon successful completion of the assessment requirements, participants will be provided with an OPITO Certificate and an IFAP Photo ID Card.
Note: IFAP’s TBOSIET course exceeds the standard OPITO course in some content in order to align with Australian Standards and company requirements.
A valid medical that meets IFAP’s guidelines must be presented prior to undertaking the practical components of the course, to prove participants are medically and physically capable to do the training required. (Please contact IFAP to enquire about accepted medicals).
- Photo identification must be provided – Passport, Australian Driver’s Licence or Proof of Age Card only will be accepted.
- Participants must bring a swimming costume.
- Overalls, boots and shoes for wet and dry practical exercises are provided together with towels for showers. Lockers are also available.
- For the in-class session, clean casual clothing is required and covered footwear is essential (no high heels). It is requested that where possible jewellery is not to be worn and valuables not brought to the centre.
- IFAP holds no responsibility for lost or stolen valuables. We also recommend that participants do not wear contact lenses (or glasses) in the pool, therefore suitable containers should be brought to store lenses.
OPITO will allow an individual to refresh a TBOSIET course within a four-year period. However, this duration is a maximum time frame and the actual refresher period is still dictated by each country’s legislation or company requirements. The TBOSIET Refresher course is the OPITO approved TFOET (Tropical Further Offshore Emergency Training).