As Perth’s leading provider of training and consultancy services, IFAP gives you the opportunity to undertake the Tropical Further Offshore Emergency Training (TFOET) course in Perth.
The objective of the TFOET course is to provide refresher training for components of a previously completed OPITO TBOSIET course. This Perth-based course will assess knowledge retention in the following areas:
- Helicopter underwater escape theory and practical
- First response firefighting theory and practical
- Self-rescue from smoke theory and practical
The training strategy for this course includes assessment of retained knowledge and brief classroom theory, followed by practical exercises. With the help of IFAP’s qualified Perth trainers, we can equip you with the necessary skills and procedure guidelines within the TFOET course.
On completion of the TFOET course, participants will be able to:
- Describe and carry out appropriate actions in preparation for a helicopter ditching
- Take appropriate actions following:
- A controlled ditching on water
- A partial submersion of an aircraft
- An aircraft capsize in water
- Correctly fit a helicopter strop and adopt correct body posture during winching
- Correctly use hand held portable fire extinguishers
- Correctly use small bore fire hoses and fire blankets
- Use appropriate self-rescue techniques using a smoke hood
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Monday 25 February, 2019||Monday 25 February, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Wednesday 27 February, 2019||Wednesday 27 February, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Friday 1 March, 2019||Friday 1 March, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Wednesday 6 March, 2019||Wednesday 6 March, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Friday 8 March, 2019||Friday 8 March, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Monday 11 March, 2019||Monday 11 March, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Friday 15 March, 2019||Friday 15 March, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Friday 22 March, 2019||Friday 22 March, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Monday 25 March, 2019||Monday 25 March, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Wednesday 27 March, 2019||Wednesday 27 March, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Friday 29 March, 2019||Friday 29 March, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Monday 1 April, 2019||Monday 1 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Wednesday 3 April, 2019||Wednesday 3 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Friday 5 April, 2019||Friday 5 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Monday 8 April, 2019||Monday 8 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Wednesday 10 April, 2019||Wednesday 10 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Friday 12 April, 2019||Friday 12 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Monday 15 April, 2019||Monday 15 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Wednesday 17 April, 2019||Wednesday 17 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Wednesday 24 April, 2019||Wednesday 24 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Friday 26 April, 2019||Friday 26 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
|Monday 29 April, 2019||Monday 29 April, 2019||Fremantle||Book Now|
Please enquire for further membership discounts available.
Participants will be required to provide evidence of successfully attending the OPITO approved TBOSIET (Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) course within the required time frame.
A valid medical that meets IFAP’s guidelines must be presented prior to undertaking the practical components of the course, to prove participants are medically and physically capable to do the training required. (Please contact IFAP to enquire about accepted medicals).
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a photo ID card, registration onto the OPITO database and an OPITO certificate of attendance for the course Tropical Further Offshore Emergency Training.
- Photo identification must be provided – Passport, Australian Driver’s Licence or Proof of Age Card only will be accepted.
- Participants must bring a swimming costume.
- Overalls, boots and shoes for wet and dry practical exercises are provided together with towels for showers. Lockers are also available.
- For the in-class session, clean casual clothing is required and covered footwear is essential (no high heels). It is requested that where possible jewellery is not to be worn and valuables not brought to the centre.
- IFAP holds no responsibility for lost or stolen valuables. We also recommend that participants do not wear contact lenses (or glasses) in the pool, therefore suitable containers should be brought to store lenses.