This unit covers the competency required to undertake rescue in confined spaces, as defined in AS 2865-2009 Confined spaces, as a member of a single agency or multi-disciplinary team. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
- operate atmospheric monitoring equipment
- operate isolation systems
- operate lifting equipment
- operate lowering and hauling systems
- operate self contained breathing apparatus and airline equipment
- operate ventilation equipment
- Australian Standard (AS) 2865-2009 Confined spaces
lock, tag out and isolation procedures
- organisational procedures for cleaning and discarding equipment in terms of environmental management and sustainability
- potential occupational hazards and control measures
- procedures for atmospheric monitoring
- purging and ventilation in accordance with national standards
- selection, use and maintenance of respiratory devices
- use of ropes and knots for accessing confined space
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Thursday 14 March, 2019||Friday 15 March, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Tuesday 23 April, 2019||Wednesday 24 April, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 23 May, 2019||Friday 24 May, 2019||Balcatta||Book Now|
|Thursday 22 August, 2019||Friday 23 August, 2019||Balcatta||Book Now|
|Thursday 19 September, 2019||Friday 20 September, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 17 October, 2019||Friday 18 October, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 21 November, 2019||Friday 22 November, 2019||Balcatta||Book Now|
Successful completion of the assessment requirements, will provide participants with a statement of attainment issued by SETS (RTO Code 52334) for PUASAR025A Undertake confined space rescue.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
First aid and breathing apparatus certificate or equivilant.
The national competency package for this subject require that participants be clean shaven as per the requirements of AS1715.