The course aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to work safely at heights. It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify work and OHS requirements associated with working safely at heights
- Identify, manage and report potential risks and hazards associated with working at heights
- Select and check safety equipment
- Inspect and/or install fall protection and perimeter protection equipment
- Ensure correct fitting, adjustment and anchor placement for fall protection equipment
- Establish safe access to work area, correct manual handling procedures and placement of tools and materials at heights
- Safely dismantle, inspect and store work at height safety system; and
- Use basic rescue equipment
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Friday 2 March, 2018||Friday 2 March, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Friday 9 March, 2018||Friday 9 March, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 14 March, 2018||Wednesday 14 March, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 21 March, 2018||Wednesday 21 March, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 28 March, 2018||Wednesday 28 March, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Friday 6 April, 2018||Friday 6 April, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 11 April, 2018||Wednesday 11 April, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 18 April, 2018||Wednesday 18 April, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Friday 27 April, 2018||Friday 27 April, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
There are no pre-requisite requirements to enter this course. However participants need to be aware that assessment activities include climbing ladders to access elevated work areas.
Successful completion of the assessment requirements will provide participants with a Statement of Attainment issued by STES (RTO Code 50091) for RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights.