The course aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to work safely at heights. It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify work and OHS requirements associated with working safely at heights
- Identify, manage and report potential risks and hazards associated with working at heights
- Select and check safety equipment
- Inspect and/or install fall protection and perimeter protection equipment
- Ensure correct fitting, adjustment and anchor placement for fall protection equipment
- Establish safe access to work area, correct manual handling procedures and placement of tools and materials at heights
- Safely dismantle, inspect and store work at height safety system; and
- Use basic rescue equipment
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Friday 26 October, 2018||Friday 26 October, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 31 October, 2018||Wednesday 31 October, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Tuesday 6 November, 2018||Tuesday 6 November, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 14 November, 2018||Wednesday 14 November, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Friday 23 November, 2018||Friday 23 November, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 28 November, 2018||Wednesday 28 November, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Tuesday 4 December, 2018||Tuesday 4 December, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Tuesday 11 December, 2018||Tuesday 11 December, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 19 December, 2018||Wednesday 19 December, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
There are no pre-requisite requirements to enter this course. However participants need to be aware that assessment activities include climbing ladders to access elevated work areas.
Successful completion of the assessment requirements will provide participants with a statement of attainment issued by STES (RTO Code 50091) for RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights.