This Perth-based training course aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required for working safely at heights – especially those who may be required to stand on scaffolding, elevated work platforms or large equipment.
As a full-suite work health and safety training organisation, IFAP offers you the ability to complete this training in a single day. The course aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to work safely at heights.
It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task at hand. In addition to this, the course will provide the appropriate guidelines for accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
After completing training, participants will be able to:
- Identify work and OHS requirements associated with working safely at heights
- Identify, manage and report potential risks and hazards associated with working at heights
- Select and check safety equipment
- Inspect and/or install fall protection and perimeter protection equipment
- Ensure the correct fitting, adjustment and anchor placement for fall protection equipment
- Establish safe access to the work area
- Undertake the correct manual handling procedures and placement of tools and materials when working at heights
- Safely dismantle, inspect and store work at height safety system
- Correctly use basic rescue equipment
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Wednesday 27 February, 2019||Wednesday 27 February, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 6 March, 2019||Wednesday 6 March, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 13 March, 2019||Wednesday 13 March, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 20 March, 2019||Wednesday 20 March, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 3 April, 2019||Wednesday 3 April, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 10 April, 2019||Wednesday 10 April, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 17 April, 2019||Wednesday 17 April, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Friday 26 April, 2019||Friday 26 April, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 8 May, 2019||Wednesday 8 May, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 15 May, 2019||Wednesday 15 May, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 22 May, 2019||Wednesday 22 May, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 5 June, 2019||Wednesday 5 June, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 19 June, 2019||Wednesday 19 June, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Wednesday 3 July, 2019||Wednesday 3 July, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
There are no pre-requisite requirements to enter this course. However participants need to be aware that assessment activities include climbing ladders to access elevated work areas.
Successful completion of the assessment requirements will provide participants with a statement of attainment issued by STES (RTO Code 50091) for RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights.