This Perth-based training course aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required for working safely at heights – especially those who may be required to stand on scaffolding, elevated work platforms or large equipment.
As a full-suite work health and safety training organisation, IFAP offers you the ability to complete this training in a single day. The course aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to work safely at heights.
It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task at hand. In addition to this, the course will provide the appropriate guidelines for accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
|Work Safely at Heights||10 June 2020||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||IFAP North Lake|
|Work Safely at Heights||1 July 2020||07:30 am - 03:30 pm||IFAP North Lake|
After completing training, participants will be able to:
- Identify work and OHS requirements associated with working safely at heights
- Identify, manage and report potential risks and hazards associated with working at heights
- Select and check safety equipment
- Inspect and/or install fall protection and perimeter protection equipment
- Ensure the correct fitting, adjustment and anchor placement for fall protection equipment
- Establish safe access to the work area
- Undertake the correct manual handling procedures and placement of tools and materials when working at heights
- Safely dismantle, inspect and store work at height safety system
- Correctly use basic rescue equipment
Upon successful completion of the assessment requirements and being deemed competent, participants will be provided with a Statement of Attainment issued by IFAP for RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights.
There are no prerequisite requirements to enter this course. However participants need to be aware that assessment activities include climbing ladders to access elevated work areas.