This Work Safely at Heights Refresher course is designed for individuals who have already attained the prerequisite unit of competence (RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights) and are required to demonstrate ongoing competence and capability. The purpose of this course is to assess and update candidates’ skills and knowledge, ensuring maintenance of a standardised level of competence and capability expected within high-risk industries.
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights
- Clean up work area
- Understand free fall, free fall-arrest and fall-to-safe
- Suspension trauma
- Edge protection
- Understand Job Safety Analysis (JSA) or/and Risk Assessment (RA)
- Hierarchy of control to identify hazards at heights
- Risk of falling objects
- Inspect and fit of a full body harness
- Inspection and the correct use of ladders
- Housekeeping and height safety general
- Emergency rescue procedure
Participants must hold a current statement of attainment for RIIWHS204D Work safely at Heights. (RIIWHS204D or equivalent issued within the last two (2) years) prior to attending this course.
Ability to read, write and understand English. Present photo I.D. on arrival. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation.
Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement.
After successful completion of this course, participants will be provided with a statement of attainment issued by STES (RTO Code 50091) for RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights.