This Confined Space Refresher course is designed for individuals who have already attained the prerequisite unit of competence (RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces or equivalent) and are required to demonstrate ongoing competence and capability. The purpose of this course is to assess and update candidates’ skills and knowledge, ensuring maintenance of a standardised level of competence and capability expected within high-risk industries.
- The requirements of Australian Standards
- Definitions of a confined space
- Roles of personnel involved in working in a confined space
- What defines a person as having entered a confined space
- Duties of a stand-by person, confined space permit issuer & a permit holder
- Gas testing requirements, when and by whom.
- Using the hierarchy of control to identify hazards in confined space
- Effects of gasses on the body and treatment of persons that have been exposed to them
- Types of asphyxiates and effects of oxygen depletion
- NOSHC exposure limits, STEL, PPM and TWA
- Pre-entry requirements, isolations, emergency plans, ventilation, communication
- Understand Job Safety Analysis (JSA) or/and Risk Assessment (RA)
- Emergency rescue procedure
After successful completion of this course, participants will be provided with a statement of attainment issued by STES (RTO Code 50091) for RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
Participants must hold a current statement of attainment for RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces (RIIWHS202D or equivalent issued within the last two (2) years) prior to attending this course.
Ability to read, write and understand English. Present photo I.D. on arrival. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation.
Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement.