This course aims to provide participants with knowledge about the role of a Supervisor in relation to hazard and risk management, injury recording and analysis within an organisation, along with Occupational Health and Safety legislative framework.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Accurately explain to the work team relevant provisions of WHS Acts, regulations and codes of practice
- Apply consultation procedures to facilitate participation of the work team in managing work area hazards
- Identify WHS training needs according to organisational requirements and WHS legislative and regulatory requirements
- Identify and report on hazards in work area according to WHS policies and procedures and WHS legislative and regulatory requirements
- Use aggregate information and data from work area records to identify hazards and monitor risk control procedures in work area
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance.