A requirement of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 is the appointment of persons with the competence to ensure that workplaces are adequately ventilated to minimise risks arising from exposure to hazardous substances and airborne contaminants. This course builds upon the competencies acquired in the three-day IFAP Surface Ventilation Technician Course.
Participants will be required to provide evidence that they have understood the training and have applied it in their workplace. This requirement means that it’s not possible to complete all of the assessment requirements during the face-to-face training.
Participants will be given a two month timeframe after attending the course to complete the assessment.
NOTE: Course graduates qualify for Associate Membership of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygiene.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the application of the hierarchy of control in order to minimise any potential hazardous effects arising from employee exposure to atmospheric contaminants
- Discuss the need for alterations to exposure standards where variations to an eight hour shift may occur and apply appropriate formula to determine exposure level
- Explain the possible interrelationships between two or more atmospheric contaminants, their possible effect on exposed employees and potential difficulties of measurement
- Discuss the use of the National Occupational Health and Safety Commission’s guidance note for determining the level of risk posed by hazardous substances
- Apply a systematic approach to managing hazards for a range of hazardous substances exposure scenarios in mining operations, including:
– Confined spaces
– Welding and allied processes
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Thursday 21 March, 2019||Friday 22 March, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 11 April, 2019||Friday 12 April, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 16 May, 2019||Friday 17 May, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 13 June, 2019||Friday 14 June, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 18 July, 2019||Friday 19 July, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 15 August, 2019||Friday 16 August, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 19 September, 2019||Friday 20 September, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 17 October, 2019||Friday 18 October, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 14 November, 2019||Friday 15 November, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 12 December, 2019||Friday 13 December, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|Membership Type Price Non-Member $1,335 Individual/Associate $1,200 Ruby $1,170 Sapphire $1,135 Emerald $1,100 Diamond $1,070
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance.