A requirement of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 is the appointment of persons with the competence to ensure that workplaces are adequately ventilated to minimise risks arising from exposure to hazardous substances and airborne contaminants. This course builds upon the competencies acquired in the three-day IFAP Surface Ventilation Technician Course.
NOTE: Course graduates qualify for Associate Membership of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygiene.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the application of the hierarchy of control in order to minimise any potential hazardous effects arising from employee exposure to atmospheric contaminants
- Discuss the need for alterations to exposure standards where variations to an eight hour shift may occur and apply appropriate formula to determine exposure level
- Explain the possible interrelationships between two or more atmospheric contaminants, their possible effect on exposed employees and potential difficulties of measurement
- Discuss the use of the National Occupational Health and Safety Commission’s guidance note for determining the level of risk posed by hazardous substances
- Apply a systematic approach to managing hazards for a range of hazardous substances exposure scenarios in mining operations, including:
– Confined spaces
– Welding and allied processes
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Thursday 17 May, 2018||Friday 18 May, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 14 June, 2018||Friday 15 June, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 19 July, 2018||Friday 20 July, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 16 August, 2018||Friday 17 August, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 13 September, 2018||Friday 14 September, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|
|Thursday 29 November, 2018||Friday 30 November, 2018||North Lake||Book Now|Membership Type Price Non-Member $1,335 Individual/Associate $1,200 Ruby $1,170 Sapphire $1,135 Emerald $1,100 Diamond $1,070
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.