The role of the Surface Ventilation Technician is to assist the statutory appointed Surface Ventilation Officer in the collection of contaminant samples, equipment calibration and maintenance and recording and reporting of analysis results.
Participants will be required to provide evidence that they have understood the training and have applied it in their workplace. This requirement means that it’s not possible to complete all of the assessment requirements during the face-to-face training.
Participants will be given a two month timeframe after attending the course to complete the assessment.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- State the roles of the Surface Ventilation Technician
- Describe the SRS system including legislative requirements and how quotas are established
- Reference specific mining regulations and Australian Standards that apply to the Surface Ventilation Technician
- Define the specific requirements of an employer in relation to health surveillance on mining operations
- Explain the legislative framework applying to hazardous substances in the mining industry and implications for the ventilation officer
- Describe pathways of exposure to hazardous substances and the potential health effects
- Interpret results in accordance with exposure standards in order to determine legislative compliance
- Discuss the need for collection of accurate atmospheric contaminant data and apply appropriate methodology for recording and reporting of results
- Apply appropriate sampling techniques
- Explain the characteristics of different types of atmospheric contaminants, legislative requirements and monitoring methods
- Calibrate sampling instrumentation in accordance with relevant standards or manufacturer’s requirements and accurately record results
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Book Now|
|Monday 18 March, 2019||Wednesday 20 March, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 8 April, 2019||Wednesday 10 April, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 13 May, 2019||Wednesday 15 May, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 10 June, 2019||Wednesday 12 June, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 15 July, 2019||Wednesday 17 July, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 12 August, 2019||Wednesday 14 August, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 16 September, 2019||Wednesday 18 September, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 14 October, 2019||Wednesday 16 October, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 11 November, 2019||Wednesday 13 November, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|
|Monday 9 December, 2019||Wednesday 11 December, 2019||North Lake||Book Now|Membership Type Price Non-Member $1,845 Individual/Associate $1,660 Ruby $1,615 Sapphire $1,570 Emerald $1,525 Diamond $1,475
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance.